oh my gOD I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!!
HELLO PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET!!!
I’M VERY EXCITED TODAY. IF YOU COULDN’T TELL FROM THE CAPS LOCK. Okay I’ll stop virtual screaming in your head.
I, Aris, have got my first blogging award of all time! The Liebster Award! (I’m totally not on a sugar high or anything.)
The amazing (and really nice) GeekyGirl921 nominated me for this award. You should definitely check out her blog.
I found the rules! Here they are:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
So I’m going to do the obligatory “10 Random Facts About Myself”, now.
- I love old internet games – like Fireboy and Watergirl, or Sugar. Anyone remember them?? Onyx and I are replaying Fireboy and Watergirl from the top. We reached the Forest Temple (part two) in like 3 days. Did I mention that we’re amazing at multiplayer games?
- I love all kinds of music (like I can go from pop to heavy metal), but a few of my favorites are Melanie Martinez (#crybaby), Marilyn Manson (he’s scary look him up), My Chemical Romance (#emo), and Three Days Grace (which is the perfect blend of all).
- I can’t pick a favorite color, because if I pick just one, the others will all feel bad 😦 But I really like black. And blue. And mint green. And teal. And – well you get the idea.
- Whoever came up with the idea of drying grapes and plums should be sent to hell. I cannot stand raisins or prunes. (Or dates, for the matter. Wrinkly fruits are horrible.) They taste so weird and wrinkly and blech. Ew. ((Chocolate with raisins is worse. Like, why would you ruin something beautiful like chocolate with raisins?! Ugh.)
- No one in my school hates me. I’m not boasting or anything, it’s not like I’m bffs with everyone in there, but no one actually hates me. Like we’re just chill.
- I wrote my first story when I was six. It was at my older cousin’s house, and I’d just finished reading an Enid Blyton book, and I said, “Hey, writing is cool.” My cousin was like, “Why don’t you write something of your own, then?” So I did. ((It was the cringiest piece of writing ever. I still have it, though. I called it “The Sailboat”. *mentally facepalms*))
- I’m horrible at singing and dancing, but I love acting. The first play I did was my school’s annual production, I was one of the main characters (which was a bird. but still). Then I had a few more plays I can’t really remember, then I acted as Queen Midas in a play of the same name (everything I touched changed into chocolate lol) then I was an alchemist, an uncle, a carpenter, lots of roles as kings for some reason, and some other stuff. My favorite was a play I did with one of my friends – we were supposed to be acting as a married couple. He was Mrs. Pigeoncote, while I was Mr. Pigeoncote. #genderswappinglikeaboss
- The first book I read was called “The Big Pink Bubble”. Yes, I remember. Yes, I still have it.
- The first fandom I got into was Harry Potter. It was also the first series I read *seriously*. I was around eight when I read it, and all the books I read before were just random novels my dad picked up for me at airports. Believe it or not, I was actually scared of Harry Potter before reading it. My mom was a superfan and took us to all the movies – I was 3 years old when Order of the Phoenix released, and my parents decided to take me to the theater with them. I was scared out of my mind. I started crying and yelling so my dad had to take me home. (My mom watched the whole thing.) Not my proudest moment.
- I loooove fanfiction. I know there are a lot of people who think it’s dumb and not worth anything, but it’s amazing. Like, when you’re waiting for something to release (*cough* like Miraculous season 2 *cough*) fanfictions are an amazing way to pass the time! Or when something just got over and you don’t want to leave it yet, you can drown yourself in fanfics until you’re finally ready to let go.
The questions I got from GeekyGirl:
- Favorite show? Okay, that’s hard. Uh, currently, I’d have to say Miraculous. A few months ago it would’ve been Sherlock. Before that, Doctor Who. *sigh* I’m fickle.
- Favorite food? Potatoes. In any form. Like seriously, you can not go wrong with potatoes. Fried, chopped, boiled – it’s all awesome.
- Favorite movie? I’m gonna have to say Back to the Future. Most of my other favorite movies are based on books.
- Favorite YouTuber? Crap, this is really hard. A few months ago, I’d say Dan and Phil without any hesitation, but now, I’m not so sure. Uh, maybe… Ryan Higa? His conspiracy theory videos, and parody videos, are really funny.
- Favorite band/artist? Oooh, this is harder. Um. *sucks air through teeth* Three Days Grace? They have a song for all my moods. That’s my favorite band, and I’m going to go with Troye Sivan for favorite artist. His voice is really quiet and soft and calms me down. 🙂
- Favorite book EVER? Okay, I have no clue. Like seriously. I cannot pick. I’m sorry.
- What is something you did in your past you wish you could undo? Keep secrets from my best friend. She was really sad and that made me really sad and I regret ever doing that. She’s my best friend for a reason.
- Have you, or do you, play any sports? I love swimming, and do a lot of that. I used to go for tennis classes but I stopped because I didn’t like it much. I know how to play, though. I can play badminton, too.
- What is your biggest fear? Ooh, I need to think about this one. Um, I guess it’s the fear of loneliness. Like I’m scared that everyone will leave me and I’ll be all alone. (#deep)
- Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend? I’ve had neither a boyfriend, nor a girlfriend, much to my dismay. But, hey. #singleasapringle
My nominations for this award:
- My Little Teen Blog (my first friend on WordPress!)
- Violet from Vibrantly Violet (another multilingual Indian :D)
- Amelie from Scary Pear (a fellow fangirl who is trash™)
- Life Put Simple (a rare phan!)
- Neela from Crafting with Charm (her DIYs are awesome!)
- Alicia from The Grumpy Librarian (she likes manga!! especially bungou stray dogs!!!)
- Nicole from Worlds Beyond Words (her writing is amazingg)
And here are my questions for my nominees:
- Do you like soft and fluffy things?
- Do you remember the first book you read?
- How much time do you spend on the internet, on average?
- When do you get the time to blog?
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
- Would you rather be able to go deep down into the ocean where no man has been before, or would you want to explore outer space?
- Have you ever wanted to go somewhere just because you saw it in a book/movie/animation?
- If you met a genie, and he offered you three wishes, what would you wish for and why?
- If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Pick one: your blog will be super famous when you’re alive, but after your death, no one will care anymore. Or, your blog will be kind of dormant when you’re alive, but after your death, it gets super famous and you’re regarded as a kind of blogging monarch.
So that was the Liebster award! Yay! 😀