Hello, people of the internet!
DECEMBER IS UPON US. See, my blog even has snow everywhere!! Anyway, before getting into the wonders of December, let us revisit our past: NOVEMBER WAS FREAKIN GREAT. I was really really busy throughout (World Scholar’s Cup, NaNoWriMo, my school’s annual event, tests) but I had a lot of fun!! (It was a terrible blogging month though sorryyyyy)
also i’m sorry for the lack of a october wrap-up but i was in a blogging slump and couldn’t write 😦
(that awkward moment when you read an odd number of books and the layout looks disgusting but there’s nothing you can do so you attempt to fill up empty space with words like I am doing now)
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo: THIS WAS SO MAGICAL OMG. I expected nothing less from my queen. ★★★★★
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland: mehhhh. I have very mixed feelings about this book?? It started off really slow and terrible but I liked the ending… ★★★☆☆
- My Name is Mina by David Almond: This was so beautifully written! At first glance, it seems like it has a lot to do with magic; but the only magic in this book is the magic of Mina’s mind. ★★★★★
- Counting Stars by David Almond: Again, really beautiful! David Almond has a very original writing style, and that definitely showed up in these short stories. Some were a bit slow, though. ★★★★☆
- The Raven King by Nora Sakavic: AHHHHH. THIS BOOK WAS GREAT AND I LOVE THE FOXES AS MUCH AS I HATE RIKO. (which is a lot.) Honestly, this is one of the few series that doesn’t suffer from second-book syndrome. ★★★★★
- The King’s Men by Nora Sakavic: AHJGHFDKALDH I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE PERFECTNESS THAT WAS THIS BOOK. JUST. WOW. ANDREIL. ★★★★★★ (yes, i know that’s above five. no, i do not care.)
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo: SO FREAKIN EMPOWERING. My expectations for this book were so high, and I was not disappointed. Nim is the best. ★★★★★
favourite book of the month?
ooh this is hard. Probably… The King’s Men, by Nora Sakavic, because of all the FEELS and ANDREIL. But also The Language of Thorns because it was so beautifully written and the illustrations were gorgeous.
least favourite book of the month?
well, I loved them all, but Our Chemical Hearts was sort of boring? I mean, I loved the characters (Henry was an adorable, smol bean and Lola was just a wonderful human), the conversations were great (it’s like paying homage to the internet!) – but mostly it was really dry. It picked up its pace towards the end, though.
favourite fanfiction of the month?
oh, there are loads: mostly from All For the Game, but there’s one of a short film called ‘Butter Lover’.
- how much for a smile? by flightless_bird
- first impressions by cute negativity cloud
- kairos by redketchup
- the key to fighting by andreil
- I started watching Stranger Things!!! I was kind of scared (?) to at first, but then everyone was watching it so I had to.
- and omgggg IT IS GREAT. Honestly all the characters are epic (MIKE MIKE MIKEEEEE), the plotline is actually interesting, and the acting is great 😀 (I mean, it has Winona Ryder. Come on.)
- My friend made me watch the first two SAW movies! If you don’t know, it’s about a psychopath who goes by “Jigsaw”, and puts people into games: if you wanna live, you figure out the game.
- It’s kind of scary and very gory but it was interesting!
(I am still scarred.)
- I also listened to a bunch of great playlists! They’re all from 8tracks, and mostly related to All For The Game xD
- I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG. It’s called Dark Horses and it’s by Switchfoot and iT’S AMAZING LISTEN TO ITTTT
- also this one it’s called All The King’s Men, by The Rigs, aND ITS GREAT AND SO CATCHY
favourite song of the month?
Definitely Dark Horses by Switchfoot. It’s just so LOUD and EMPOWERING and makes me feel GREAT. Plus it’s super catchy.
favourite show of the month?
well, I only watched one (I was busy!!), so Stranger Things 🙂
- 2 posts
- 236 views
- 145 visitors
- 39 likes
- 38 comments
- I HAD LIKE TWO POSTS OKAY.
- hey,, i was,, busy,
- I don’t think it’s that bad for just two posts?? because I’m still not that famous yet *sniffs*
- My stats are wayy less than last month (obviously)
- I’ve started to post what I want to post, instead of just going with what everyone else is doing to get views
- And I’m having much more fun blogging tbh
top post of the month?
favourite post of the month?
This one got very less stats, but I don’t care about that: I love love loved writing this post! It was so much fun getting to share different methods of planning novels (and also dissing outlines, but I digress).
other amazing posts
- Julianna tells us how we are all snowflakes, and each and every reviewer is different
- May had an interesting (and controversial) discussion on diversity in YA books, which is very important for now
- Ilsa reviewed Love, Hate, and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed and it was pretty funny and now I wanna read the book to see if I’ll like it or not.
- Swetlana listed some gifts to give your bookworm friends, which was very helpful (and I’ll definitely be using some of her ideas)
- Cait gives us the reasons why the bookworm life is tiring, aND HONESTLY I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.
- Jackie tells us the pros and cons of whether you should use audiobooks or not, but tbh I just don’t like them
- NaNoWriMo happened!! And it was an utter faliure.
- I kind of lost the motivation to write halfway through?? It felt like I was forcing myself to write something I wasn’t even interested in…
- I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t have the attention span to write a complete novel: with life and ADHD bearing down on me, I just can’t.
- BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT
- I’m not going to stop writing!! I mean, I come on.
- I’ve gathered enough material and ideas for a collection of short stories, relating to magic and life en generale – it’ll be called Happenings in Helsano, because that’s the name of the town it’s set in.
- Tell me if you want to know more?? I’m quite excited for it 😀 And I’d love to post about it on here 🙂
- ALSO I WROTE SO MUCH POETRY!!
- I’m so proud of myself ;-;
- Here’s a snippet because I crave validation:
^^ that’s a piece about julius ceasar’s death. it’s really interesting!
- WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP.
- I think y’all know what I’m talking about by now xD
- But newcomers: WSC is this thing where you do tests and debates and write stuff (10/10) and also get alpacas (11/10) and get to meet a real live alpaca at Yale University (12/10) which is where I went
- IT’S SUPER FUN AND ALSO I GOT TWELVE MEDALS AREN’T YOU PROUD OF ME.
- That aside, my new English teacher is super chill and I love her because she likes my poems and I showed her some of mine and they were lit 🙂
- also I’m going to Comic Con with a bunch of my best friends in two weeks so that’s fun :))))
- I got selected to host our school’s annual event!!!
- It’s equivalent to other school plays and stuff
- It’s great
- I’m so happy
- See above GIF for my thoughts on this month.
- seriously though it was epic
- and i loved every minute
- bUT DECEMBER WILL BE EVEN BETTER
- BECAUSE CHRISTMAS
- THEN THE ACTUAL ANNUAL EVENT
- THEN I’LL START WRITING
- AND BLOGGING MORE
- AND COMIC CON ALSO
- AND CHRISTMAS
- AND EVERYTHING
HOW WAS YOUR NOVEMBER?? Did you do NaNo? DID YOU WIN??? What were the good books you read? Or good shows you watched? ALSO ARE YOU EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS BECAUSE I AM.