Hello, people of the internet!
The first month of 2018. It was nice!!! I read a bunch, and wrote a little but it’s ok because I had fun. Honestly though January was so slow??? (I still feel like it’s January 74th or something smh.)
Also I completed most of my goals!! Something I’m hella hyped about because I thought for sure it’d be a huge failure.
- Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth: Pretty good, but I don’t like Divergent much? My friends told me to read this so I did and I was pleasantly surprised! ★★★★☆ [review]
- Camp Half Blood: Confidential by Rick Riordan: I’m an ugly Riordanverse stannie and this was absolute gold for me. It was funny and light and gay and a quick read I mean what more could I ask for?? ★★★★★
- Kids Like Us by Hilary Reyl: My feelings about this book are pretty mixed: on one hand, it had good rep and food; but on the other, it was kinda boring and I wasn’t very invested in the characters?? I liked it, though! ★★★★☆ [review]
- The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson: That title. This was a pretty meh book, the humour was kinda bad and the writing a little slow; but the plot was good and I liked the characters. ★★★☆☆
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy: Such a beautiful book!! Not just the cover (which is pretty amazing), but the things it deals with and the way it portrays them. Being confused about your sexuality is a thing and it happens, and I loved the way it dealt with it – the book was kinda predictable though. ★★★★☆ [review]
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND IT’S BEAUTIFUL AND CREEPY AND RICH AND DELICIOUS I LOVE IT ★★★★★ [review]
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu: ok so this book was pretty freakin great, I devoured it in one day. Easy to read, made me smile and also made me angry, had some important messages, I liked it. ★★★★☆ [review]
- Heaven Eyes by David Almond: I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF DAVID ALMOND’S BOOKS AND I’M SO GLAD I DISCOVERED HIM AHAHAHA HE’S AMAZING ★★★★★ [review]
- The Cursed Child by JK Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne: cancer cancer cancer kill with fire the only good things about this book are scorpius and romione eurgh *throws up* (this was a re-read btw) ★★☆☆☆ [review]
favourite book of the month?
THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD THE HAZEL WOOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
least favourite book of the month?
the cursed child, no doubt. i only re-read it for the scorpius and albus moments lmaoo i’m such a scorbus stannie
favourite fanfiction of the month?
SO MANY. I was practically drowning in fics!! I’m going to limit my selection to about five, though (my word count is already hella high.)
- Palo Alto by nachodiablo [wolfstar]
- Text Talk by merlywhirls [wolfstar]
- flower crowns and pastel boots by thepessimisticasshole [snowbaz]
- smile for the stars by maIikcutie [klance]
- On Thin Ice by minadora [klance, not complete]
- whoa I’m watching like five shows??? I have no life what the hell
- Stranger Things season two!! I’m a slow person and still on episode four but I need to watch more because some people *cough* ilsa *cough* keep threatening me
- also I started watching Supernatural! to be honest I’m kind of intimidated because?? THIRTEEN FREAKING SEASONS??? but it’s actually really good and I like it!!
- also Ju has been ranting about Teen Titans so much that I decided to watch it and?? IT’S HONESTLY ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER WHY DIDN’T I START WATCHING IT SOONER
- BLACK MIRROR IS CREEPY AS HELL AND WILL MESS WITH YOUR MIND absolutely watch it, it’s amazing and pure gold
- I heard a lot about The End of the F***ing World aND HOLY CRAP it’s actually really good and the characters are awesome and I love it
- Devilman Crybaby is nice too!!! the art style takes some,, getting used to,, but the plot is better than expected (even though any shreds of innocence I had left are RIPPEDT) and it’s one of the first animes I’m seeing after like six months omg
- aLSO I’M OBSESSED WITH THE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND THE 1975 AND FOSTER THE PEOPLE
- listen to them
- i love their music
- they make me emo
favourite song of the month?
AHAHHHHH I CANNOT PICK I CAN’T PICK AHHH
I’m going to cheat and pick a favourite album, Sacred Hearts Club (by Foster the People) is a constant mood and I love each and every song so so much.
favourite show of the month?
i love them all
stop forcing me to pick
- 3 posts
- 673 views
- 342 visitors
- 114 likes
- 94 comments
- I hardly posted in January??
- probably because I was so busy with the TV shows and books smh
- the stats are decent? I guess?
- what am I supposed to say in this section
top post of the month?
favourite post of the month?
other amazing posts
- Ilsa talked about not feeling like blogging anymore and it was so raw and real pls give her love
- Julianna wrote a year recap which was really fun to read (go bullet points!!!)
- May shared some of her AMAZING WordPress tips and I am forever in her debt now
- Analee compares books to sports wHICH HONESTLY IS WHAT I NEEDED RUNNING AND READING ARE TWO VERY SIMILAR TYPES OF EXERCISE OK
- Marie talks about why she doesn’t do monthly TBRs and honestly same (I’ll probably never achieve the level of commitment it takes to make one)
- Lu discusses why she would unfollow a blog, and why it’s absolutely okay to unfollow blogs – because we’re human too!! we change!!
- Cait lists the eight types of TBRs that will eat you in your sleep and it’s relatable as usual
- the obsessed girl does the 20 songs tag (in a collab with me!!) and I laughed so hard during the post
- I discovered a new blog!! Flawed Silence is amazing and the poems are ❤ especially this one!
- I DIDN’T MOVE ONTO A NEW PLOT BUNNY!! look this is a,, big deal ok you don’t know how freaking fickle I am
- I started writing the first chapter and I don’t like how it turned out
- but it’s okay I’ll rewrite it anyway
- lots of progress on backstories! and plot! and random details that will probably never be mentioned but are fun to write anyway!
- …and literally no progress on the world, this is why I don’t do fantasy ok
- life? what life?
- i didn’t do anything
- (BUT THERE WAS A LUNAR ECLIPSE SUPER BLOOD BLUE MOON DAMN IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING)
- Read at least nine books. ✓ If we’re counting comic books, then I actually read ten! I’m so proud :’)
- Write at least five reviews. ✓✓ I WROTE SEVEN WOOO
- Read something that isn’t contemporary. ✓ I read three fantasy books :)) much pride
- Start working on an actual outline for my WIP. ✗ HAHAHAH I SUCK.
- Work on the plot first. ✓ I actually did!! Man, I am killing it.
- Write more poems!! ✓✗ I wrote some poems but they were kinda bad and short
- Reach 300 followers? ✓✓✓ I GOT 344 FOLLOWERS THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY
- Post more consistently. ✗✗ hahah blogging who
- Interact more with other bloggers. ✓ I found so many new blogs!!
- Draw more! ✓✓ I made lots of fanart :’) Also I’m really proud of these:
- Go outside more often. ✗ oops
- Get eight hours of sleep at least twice a week. ✗ i blame the internet
- Read at least seven books. (My exams begin towards the end of February and I don’t want to overwhelm myself too much; studying is important kids!!)
- Write at least four reviews.
- Read more fantasy novels!! (I need to start immersing myself in fantasy and sci-fi again.)
- Rewrite the first chapter of my WIP. (I don’t need it to be perfect, but I want it to be better than what I have now.)
- Write some random short stories/one-shots. (I want to practice writing prose again, I’ve been writing too much poetry tbh.)
- Work on my ~project~. (It’s something I started this month and I might share with you guys next month?? It’s do with writing and stuff. Make what you will of that.)
- Reach 375 followers? (If I aim high I’ll be pleasantly surprised by all outcomes.)
- POST MORE CONSISTENTLY. (I mean it this time.)
- Go blog-hopping more often!
- Study! (Especially math and science because I suck at those)
- Go outside more often. (Here’s hoping I don’t break it this time.)
- Get eight hours of sleep at least twice a week. (I need to be well-rested for my exams smh)
How was your January? Excited for the next month?(Valentine’s Day is coming up.) What were a few good books you read last month? Listened to any good songs/albums?? Do you have any goals for February? AND DO YOU WATCH ANY OF THE SHOWS I MENTIONED???